The CAS2: Rating Scale provides scores for Planning, Attention, Simultaneous, and Successive scales as well as a Total Score. Each PASS Scale as well as the CAS2 Full Scale yields a percentile rank and standard score with a mean of 100 and a standard deviation of 15.
The scores from the CAS2: Rating Scale can be used to
- support a referral, supportive services, or special placements
- supplement a comprehensive evaluation
- compare teachers’ ratings with test results
- help plan and design academic interventions by revealing behaviors and skills the teacher considers problematic or lacking
- monitor the effectiveness of interventions.
Results are particularly useful when used as part of a comprehensive evaluation or as a pre-referral/referral tool.